Steps to Purchasing a Home
- Call a Realtor, Summer, and a mortgage company to get preapproved.
- Start receiving property updates by email and view homes with your Realtor.
- Choose the right home and make an offer based on comparable sales.
- We negotiate the offer and get your offer accepted!
- Complete the final loan application and sign necessary disclosures.
- Hire a licensed home/termite inspector to perform inspections.
- Negotiate any needed repairs with seller.
- The lender will order your appraisal and title work from chosen title company.
- Get homeowner’s insurance quotes and choose the best one for you.
- Change all utilities to your name for the date of occupancy/closing.
- Do a final walk-through of the property within 5 days of closing.
- Closing day and moving day!
- Remember to change your address at the post office!
- Sign up for homestead exemption if applicable.
- Refer Summer to everyone you know looking to buy or sell!
12 Month Plan to Home Buying